WE ARE RE-OPENED!
It is with great pleasure that we announce John M. Tomiuk, DDS, is open for business effective June 1, 2020! We are following the guidelines of the CDC, American Dental Association and Michigan Dental Association to ensure the safety of all our patients and staff members. As a result, you will notice some changes in our procedures at your next appointment:
* COVID-19 phone pre-screenings must be completed the day prior to your visit (or on Thursday for Monday appointments). If we are unable to reach you, your appointment will be rescheduled.
* Please come alone to your appointment when possible, or have family members/friends remain in the vehicle. One parent may come with one child.
* Wear a mask, scarf or bandanna to your appointment.
* Your temperature will be taken upon arrival and hand sanitizer given.
* We will ask you to provide credit card information prior to your appointment to enable touch-less pay. No charges will occur until your visit is complete.
* Check out will be at the window in the waiting room, not at the open front desk counter.
You will notice all staff members wearing additional PPE (personal protective equipment) such as N95 masks, full face shields and gowns. Please let younger children know what to expect so they are not frightened.
Each of our operatories has been equipped with a high-efficiency air purification unit. These units will purify the air by removing 99.97 % of all microscopic particles.
Appointments will be managed to allow social distancing in between patients and more time to disinfect each room and the common areas – patient restroom, doorknobs and counter-tops; this means you may have fewer options for scheduling. We may not be able to accommodate your preferred time, and family appointments may be difficult to appoint together. Due to all the extra steps necessary, it is more important than ever that you keep your scheduled appointment and that you arrive on time.
For all those whose appointments were canceled due to the shutdown, we will be contacting you to reschedule. Please be patient with us! You will receive a phone call.
While these measures may be inconvenient, we ask you all to please comply to ensure everyone’s safety. So many things have changed for all of us during this crisis, but one thing remains the same; our commitment to provide you and your family with the highest quality dentistry, while implementing all necessary protocols to do so safely.
We look forward to seeing you all!
Yours in good dental health,
Dr. John Tomiuk and your Dental Care Team